Visit & Discover
On Corsica's west coast, Ajaccio's bay is probably the largest gulf of the 'Island of beauty'!
Elegant and sunny city, with its buzzing terraces and its bustling marina, discover the authentic historic centre with its cobblestone streets and the famous impressive citadelle as well as its typical warm, Mediterranean atmosphere!
Last but not least, Ajaccio, the Corsica's capital, is an imperial city as home town of the renowned Napoleon!
Not to be missed in the heart of town :
- Napoleon's heritage ; town dotted with sites relating to the old Corsican General, from the imperial chapel to his childhood home, which became a museum, or to the Austerlitz square, called 'Casone' square, where stands his statue,
- Fesch palace: Ajaccio City fine art museum,
For outdoor enthusiasts who enjoy sports, such as hiking, nautical activities or diving as well as bathing in the sea,
- Foch square, surrounded by palm trees ; where the 'Quatre Lions' fountain stands, commonly known as 'Palm trees square' by islanders,
- Général de Gaulle square, where is standing the Napoléon monument statue representing Napoleon and his 4 brothers, known as the Diamond square.
- Discover the renowned Sanguinary islands and the Parata peninsula, classified site as well as renowned for its magnificent sunsets,
- For underwater diving enthusiasts, take advantage of the diving club in front of the residence, the VoceMare Diving,
- Hiking lovers? Starting near the residence, take the trailhead named 'the Chemin des Crêtes' (Path of the Ridges), famous path offering stunning views for very little effort as it cuts along the peaks above the coast and ends in the city, nearby the Bois des Anglais, a patch of woodland left over from Ajaccio' short stint as a British colony,
- Looking for relaxing, bathing tips?
The coastline road 'Route des sanguinaires' with ample stops for swimming and eating, is dotted with beaches of golden sand such as the Ariadne beach, the Terre Sacrée or the Marinella beach, famous thanks to the success of his celebritiy : the singer Tino Rossi,
- Surfing lovers ? Do not forget the Capo di Feno beach, the most famous surf spot in South Corsica
And for culinary delights,
- Take a stroll through Ajaccio's central market, on the Palm trees square or Foch square to meet local producers,
- Discover local cuisine thanks to numerous restaurants welcoming you such as on seafront, nearby the residence :
- La Paillote « La Crique », 100m within walking distance from the property,
- Gourmet restaurants like « Côté Plage » or « Chez Pech »; both 2 kms away from the residence and with the Iles Sanguinaires creeping out onto the horizon!
Find out more on the Tourist Office's website